Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Baby Turns Two

I simply cannot believe that it's been two years since I began this blog. I remember that fateful Sunday night as though it were yesterday (although, to be honest, I don't remember yesterday too well. Tuesdays are just sort of like that): I was lying on the floor in my bedroom, looking at street style photos online and probably reading Man Repeller when I realized, "Hey, I could do that, also I'm bored and I'm thirteen and I like fashion and middle school is kinda weird so why not?" And at the time, I just knew it was something I would stick with. I could feel it.

I was self-conscious about having a blog at first, so I didn't tell anyone for a few days. The first person I told was Lola because I knew she wouldn't judge me. Why I thought anyone would judge me I'm not sure, but that was what I was concerned about. She immediately told me that it fit, that it was something she could see me doing. Lola's got some sort of funky intuition, it would seem, because here I am, two years from that April evening as a completely different person. I never imagined myself to be a writer. I won't even get into all the things that have changed since the end of eighth grade, because obviously there are about a million.

I know last year I had a giveaway, and I was going to do that again this year, but right now I'm so trammeled by school that I haven't been as devoted to my lil' baby as I wish I were. When good ol' summer rolls around, I'll be back to writing and sewing and crafting and all that deliciousness on a much more regular basis. For now, let us celebrate the funtime happiness of today, 'cause today is a birthday, and birthdays call for several things:

1. Birthday cake 

2. Party hats

3. Party shoes

So the moral of the story is: Feliz CumpleaƱos, Abuelita. 

[And I will be back before you know it.]

Also, support your local writers and read the article I wrote about the robot apocalypse for the Brooklyn-based online magazine, Hypocrite Reader!

1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!